Tierpark Stadt Haag
Discover the diversity of life at the Stadt Haag Animal Park. More than 700 animals from all continents await you: around 70 species in total populate the 33 hectare Nature Park. Embark on a voyage of discovery and be inspired by the animal world. There is something special to be discovered during each season of the year in our Animal Park.
The main attraction is, of course, the animals themselves. Not only large predatory cats – such as leopards, pumas, tigers, lions – but also small cats like lynx can be seen at close range. Visitors enjoy an intimate, immediate experience here. From a terrace, there is an excellent view of the lion’s enclosure where you can observe the majestic cats in their habitat. The lion family obviously feels very much at home here. The newly constructed monkey enclosures are inhabited by baboons and Barbary apes, whose human-like activities are very entertaining. Make sure to take enough time to observe the Siberian tigers – the world’s largest cat – because it is very exciting to see these animals. The alpacas can be found at the start of your visit to the park. They are firm favourites of our young and old visitors, along with the brown bears, wolves, donkeys, zebras, rabbits, big cats, zebras, goats, sheep and camels.
You can relax here, switch off from everyday life, gather experiences, learn a lot of interesting facts or just let your mind wander. Rest and variety are guaranteed. Let everyday life rest for a few hours.
- Children’s Adventure Playground “Theme Park” (Erlebniswelt) has lots of playing options, including obstacle courses
- Predatory Cats Trail (leopards, pumas, tigers, lynx and lions)
- Fishing (trout, carp, and char) in the Jochteich Pond from March – end October (at the Brown Bear Enclosure/Braunbärengeheges) – visitors who wish to fish only need to pay the admission and the price of their catch
- Birdcall Trail (15 local bird species are visually and acoustically presented in newly designed display areas)
- Family Resting Area (near the farmyard/Wirtschaftshofes) invites you to rest and have a snack. There are hammocks and seating areas here. Information on the collaboration between the top Animal Parks in Austria can be found on the information boards.
We offer a lot of to make the children’s visit entertaining. With the different playing options, the hours fly by. Fun is sure to be had at the Animal Park:
This large Children’s Adventure Playground with lots of options for games and sports, as well as an obstacle course, will make every child’s heart beat faster. This adventure playground is a true children’s paradise.
Equipped for the disabled: We can recommend a circuit through our park that is appropriate for visitors with disabilities – this can be seen in the Animal Park folder (available free of charge at the ticket office) and on the map of the park. The paths are also suitable for wheelchair users, although we do recommend a companion so that all ascents will be easier. Wheelchair users and their companion: FREE!
A special feature on hot days: Our many giant trees offer enough shade so that a visit to the park is very refreshing – maybe even more relaxing than a day spent swimming and at the mercy of the sun!
Food: We can recommend the restaurants within the zoo – at the entrance area, and at the Children’s Playground “Erlebniswelt”. There are also some very good Gasthäuser (inns) near the park, such as the “Gasthaus zum Tierpark” which is opposite our car park, “Wirt zu Krottendorf” (3 km away) and several inns and restaurants in the centre of Haag (2 km away).
Dogs: One dog per adult is permitted into the park. Dogs must be kept on a short leash, without exception. As per the Lower Austrian Dog Owner’s Act, some breeds of dogs must wear a muzzle. There is a special entrance price for dogs.
On offer for children: Children’s Adventure Playground (Erlebniswelt) with a large slide, zip line, climbing frame, swing, sand and water playing facilities, pirate ship and much more.
There is a second playground at the entrance area.
Animal Feeding:Feeding the animals is ONLY allowed with the feed available at the cash desk.
The Park offers 3 guided tours. Trained park rangers provide a wealth of information about the species and offer excellent insights into the animal kingdom. You can find detailed information on the park homepage at: www.tierparkstadthaag.at
- Large car park – No charge!
- Animal Park Shop (unusual souvenirs, many zoo items, gift items and regional specialties)
- FOOD: The Patzalt Company (Tel.07434/45425 or 0664/4036617) operates the Gasthaus at the entrance area with a guest lounge (34 seats), a cosy seating area (26 seats), a covered terrace (about 120 seats), an outdoor dining area, also a
- Snack Bar (Buffet) with garden at the Adventure Playground (Erlebniswelt). NEW: Covered terrace next to the pond.
- WC facilities: Entrance area, at the Adventure Playground “Erlebniswelt”, at the end of the Predatory Cats Trail, near the family resting area.
DAILY: ALL YEAR ROUND
April – September: Daily: 08:30 – 17:30 (cash desk opening hours) – Visitors may remain in the park until 19:30 at the latest – even the animals need their rest!
October – March: Daily: 09:00 – 16:00 (cash desk opening hours) – Visitors may remain in the park until it begins to get dark – 17:30 at the latest
November – February: Daily: 09:00 – 15:00 (cash desk opening hours) – Visitors may remain in the park until it begins to get dark – 16:30 at the latest
(Payment by cash, debit card or credit card is accepted)
Child (over 6), Pupil and Apprentice (U18): €7.00
Child (U6): FREE
Group (15 people or more):
School Class (regardless of numbers) – per child: €5.50
Adult: €40.00 – Valid for 1 year from date of issue
Child and Youth (U19): €20.00 – Valid for 1 year from date of issue
- Family (max. 2 adults) with any Austrian, or Czech, Family Pass/Card
- Austrian National Service Personnel – with ID
- Disabled – with ID
1 entry – during the validity period of the card!
The Animal Park is not a sales office or renewal office for the NÖ Card
Wheelchair users with companion, severely disabled visitors