Contact & Informations
3382 Schallaburg 1
+43 2754 63 17-0
+43 2754 63 17-611
An Exhibition Center. A meeting room. Annual changing exhibitions in an international context – at the pulse of society and in relation to the present. In the centre of Europe: Challenging questions of our time are being raised – and answers sought. Schallaburg Castle shows new perspectives on the rapidly changing world: in-depth as well as pleasurable encounters with different cultures.
Whoever enters the castle immerses into a fascinating world full of secrets. The changeable history of Schallaburg Castle, the extensive historic garden and well-signposted hiking routes guarantee an exciting visit to the castle for the entire family.
The Castle Restaurant spoils you with delicacies from the Mostviertel region and with suitable specialties that match the changing exhibitions.
- Annually changing top-class exhibitions in a wonderful historic atmosphere (spring – autumn)
- Renaissance Garden: 6,500 m²
- A framework programme with numerous events for the entire family
- Event location for individual parties, weddings, company events and much more
- An extensive range of offers for tour groups
- Open Guided Tour (constantly being offered): Take place with a group (10 people or more)
- Family Guided Tour: Sundays & public holidays: 14:30
- Guided Tour incl. Archery for the entire family: Sundays & public holidays: 11:00
- Exclusive and Evening Guided Tour in Foreign Languages: Possible, on request!
- Garden Guided Tour: Group (20 people or more). Must book in advance!
- Unique Communication Programmes for families and schools
- Castle Restaurant
- Children’s Playground
- Wheelchair Accessible
- 3 well-signposted hiking routes in the area
- By car: Westautobahn (Motorway) A1, exit Melk or Loosdorf, enough parking spaces for buses and cars
- By train with the ÖBB: ÖBB Station Melk. For further information: www.oebb.at
- WL1: 3x Daily with the Wachaulinie: WL1 from the railway station Melk to Schallaburg
Open: 17 March – 11 November 2018
Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 17:00
Saturdays, Sundays & public holidays: 09:00 – 18:00
(Last admission one hour prior to closing time)
Discount – Senior, Student (U26), Austrian National Service Personnel, Disabled with valid ID: €10.00
Family Ticket (2 adults & max. 4 children U18): €20.00
Family with the NÖ/OÖ/Styrian Family Pass: €18.00
Tour Ticket: €3.50
Media Guide (rental fee): €5.00
Group (20 people or more) without Guided Tour: €9.00
Group (20 people or more) incl. Guided Tour: €12.50
Admission (as a class) without Guided Tour, per Pupil: €3.00
Admission (as a class) incl. Guided Tour or Workshop, per Pupil: €6.50