Contact & Informations
+43 2815 77270 50
+43 2815 77270 40
SONNENWELT whisks you off on an exciting course over 2000m²: from the energy efficient nomadic tents of 10000 years ago over the clever techniques of the Ancient Egyptians and Romans through to high-tech “made in Austria”. On the way you will not only get practical tips for your own house but can also prove your knowledge and test your skills in challenging games!
Touching and trying things out is the name of the game at the numours interactive game stations.
After an exciting journeay through SONNENWELT why not spend some time in the Café an d the Waldviertler Regional Speciality Shop.
- 3-langugae exhibition in German, English and Czech
- Film at the beginning (10 minutes)
- Special Exhibition „Renewable Energies”: In various stations it is illustrated how renewable Energy can be gained and used. With the variety of possibilities, every visitor will find something that suits him and will understand how fossil fuels can be replaced by renewable energy.
- Get in the zone on this journey through 12 time zones, travel back to the beginning of our planet and of all energy and click yourself through the ages!
- We offer free tours for individual visitors from Tuesday to Friday starting at 10 AM and 2 PM!
- tours for groups (booking in advance!)
- SONNENWELT is wheelchair access friendly
- regardless of weather conditions & interactive
- For young & old!
- SONNENWELT-Shop (a wide variety of articles from and around the Waldviertel)
- Café (a variety of beverages – ranging from coffee to wine)
- wheelchair access friendly
- parking spaces available – There is also a seaparate car park for wheelchair users and a family car park.
!!! Attention: Due to the current circumstances the SONNENWELT remains closed for the time being! At the moment it cannot be estimated, when the SONNENWELT can be opened. The new opening date will be announced in time! We ask for your understanding!!!
Season 2020: 28 March – 31 October 2020
Tuesday – Sunday: 10 AM till 5 PM (last entry at 4pm)
Closed on Mondays (except holidays)
Free tours in German for individuals from Tuesday to Friday (except rest day) starting at 10:30 am and 2 pm.
For groups booked in advance we also open on Mondays an during the winter break.
Adult: EUR 11,50
Children (6-15 years): EUR 7,50
Children under 6 years: free
Families (2 adults and 2 children): EUR 29,-
each further child: EUR 5,-
Group (of over 20 people): EUR 9,50
School classes: EUR 6,50,-
Senior Citizens (over 60), Students (up to 25), military/national service personnel, handicapped persons (only with ID): EUR 9,50