See – Experience – Understand – For the Whole Family!
Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of the Waldviertel ponds and moors at the “UnterWasserReich” Nature Park Centre. There is an interactive indoor exhibition and a water-garden with an outdoor otter compound. The Nature Park Hochmoor Schrems offers the possibility to enjoy the charm of the Waldviertel moor landscape. From the 20 m high “Himmelsleiter” (Heaven’s Ladder), you have a breathtaking view over the park and the hidden, romantically glittering water area of the former peat-cutting site. Afterwards you will be pampered with coffee specialties, pastries and delicacies in the UnterWasserReich Café. In the shop you will find a wide range of local products from the Waldviertel.
The shop, café, playing area including terrace and adventure playground are freely accessible during our opening hours!
- Daily: 10:30, 13:30 & 16:00
Microscope Live Shows
- Daily: 11:30 & 15:00
Guided Tour of the Exhibition
- Group & School Class (20 people or more): Must book in advance!
Programmes, Workshops, Tours of the Moor etc.
Hiking Trails in the Naturpark Hochmoor Schrems
- There are 3 different hiking trails through the moor – maps are available at: www.unterwasserreich.at, Open all year round
„Himmelsleiter“ (Heaven’s Ladder)
- Viewing Point, 20 m high – CLOSED November – April due to weather conditions
- Changes yearly
- From 13 April 2018: “On the Otter’s Trail”(„Der Fischotter – Dem Wassermarder auf der Spur“)
- Barrier-free indoors and outdoors
- Information offered in three languages (German, English, Czech)
- Café UnterWasserReich with its large terrace by the pond: offers coffee, pastries, drinks, hot and cold regional food
- Shop – souvenirs, regional products, books, toys
- Large car park
- Disabled car park
- 3 well-signposted hiking trails through the Nature Park
- Moor History Trail
- Barrier-free in the indoor and outdoor areas of the UnterWasserReich and as far as the “Himmelsleiter” (Heaven’s Ladder) – Viewing Point
- Play Corner
- Indoor Otter Compound with slide
- Water Parcours
- Cable-pulled rafts
24 March – 28 October 2018
Daily: 10:00 – 17:00
EUR 9,50 Adult
EUR 6,50 Child & Youth
EUR 7,50 Senior, Student
EUR 23,00 Family Ticket
EUR 23,00 Adult Annual Ticket
EUR 16,00 Child Annual Ticket
Child (U6) – FREE!