Contact & Informations
+43 2956 81240
+43 2956 21240 20
THE HELDENBERG – One Place, Seven Experiences
THE HELDENBERG, with its diverse entertainment programme, is very popular in the western Weinviertel (wine region). The adventure begins at the foot of the Heldenberg with 130 years of automotive history in Koller’s Oldtimer Museum (Koller’s Vintage Cars Museum). A visit to the adjacent wine cellar sets the hearts of wine connoisseurs racing. The adjoining English Garden, including Café Heldenberg, invites you for a leisurely stroll followed by a snack. But those who are more interested in the animal world can avail of the opportunity to visit the famous white Lipizzaner stallions and learn all about them in the Training Centre by taking a guided tour which includes the Kutschenausstellung (The Carriage Exhibition). The animal world on Heldenberg also takes in the birds of prey at Aigner’s Falkenhof (Aigner’s Falconry). Here the birds of prey can be admired during the daily flight displays. Taking a tour of the aviaries, you will learn interesting facts about the birds of prey, their habitats and hunting behaviour. Next to Aigner’s Falconry is the Steinzeitdorf mit Kreisgraben (Stone Age Village with Circular Ditch). Families, in particular, can try Neolithic activities here, such as pottery, corn grinding and stone polishing. Undoubtedly, one of Austria’s most important historical monuments, the Radetzky Gedenkstätte (Radetzky Memorial), can be found in the midst of the magnificent park. If you now feel like visiting this diverse Theme Park, you are very welcome to come and discover more on site.
Our tip for your trip.
- Enjoy a day in Schmidatal valley. Take a trip back in time to Heldenberg, enjoy lunch at a Schmidatal inn, take a guided tour to discover the beauty of the Schmidatal wine cellar lanes and taste some of the region’s fine wines. To round off the day, enjoy a bite to eat at a traditional wine tavern.
- Visit a performance in the Weinviertel Concert House in Ziersdorf – once known as the „finest ballroom between Vienna and Prague“.
- The Brandlhof historic farmhouse in Radlbrunn – a building devoted to farming culture.
- You will find a wide variety of building styles together in one place in the historic town square in Sitzendorf.
- The Baroque garden in Ravelsbach offers a unique view of the Jakob Prandtauer Church, whose purity of style makes it one of the most beautiful country churches.
- Restyled shop with children’s play area
- English Garden, free to visit
- Cafe Heldenberg with terrace
- Plenty of parking space for cars and coaches
- Children’s programme in the stone age village
- Heldenberg and its attractions are wheelchair accessible
Heldenberg opening times
All attractions April and October Tuesday to Sunday 9am – 5pm; May-September until 6pm. Monday only open on public holidays.
Lipizzans & Koller’s Vintage Cars open all year; April to October see above;
November to March Saturday & Sunday 9am – 5pm
Groups all year by prior arrangement.
Stables can ONLY be visited with a guide. Public guided tours Tuesday to Friday at 11.05am and 2pm. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays at 11.05am, 2pm and 3pm.
Meeting point in front of the stables; Duration approx. 45 min.; Lunch break from 12am to 2pm; Group tours for groups of 20 and over by arrangement, also outside normal tour times.
Indoor riding arena
Training during the summer season every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 10.30 to 11.00am; Training during the winter season every Saturday from 10.30 to 11.00am.
No training during the summer rest period from the beginning of July to mid-August.However, you can still visit the Lipizzans on one of our guided tours for the public.
Public tours with audio guides are available continuously during our normal opening hours. Group tours for parties of 20 and over may be booked on an individual basis.
Stone-age village /circular ditch
Without guide, neolithic village accompanied Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, bread baking, children’s programme
Koller’s Vintage Cars
May be viewed without a guide, guides may be booked in advance by groups of 10 and over
Heldenberg Combo Ticket
Applies to Kollers classic cars, Lipizzaner and Radetzky;
Attractions can be visited individually until the end of the season.
Adult € 18,00
Groups & pensioner € 16,50
Disabled people, young people, attendants € 12,00
Children up to 5 years free
Children up to 14 years, school groups € 7,00
Children up to 5 years free
Children up to 14 years, school groups € 7.00
Family ticket (2 adults + max. 3 children) € 35.00