Austria’s Largest Historical Wine Cellar
Discover Austria’s largest historic wine cellar in the underground labyrinth of Retz: 21 km long and up to 25 m deep. Since the founding of the city in 1279, the citizens of Retz have “buried” their most precious treasure – the Retz Wine – in a 30 m thick layer of sea sand. Come and appreciate the enormous dimensions of the Adventure Cellar of Retz!
- Largest historical wine cellar in Austria, State Treaty Wine in stock
- The individual cellar ducts were dug into the sheer sea sand
- Huge cellar labyrinth under the city centre, more extensive than the road network above
- Evening tours for seminars etc. (Must book in advance!)
- Advent „drüber & drunter“ (Above and Below) in Retz: atmospheric ambience on three levels (Adventure Cellar of Retz, Main Square, Town Hall, 2nd weekend of Advent)
- Regional Wine Bar Retzer Land
Open all year round!
May – October. Daily: 10:30, 14:00 & 16:00
March, April, November & December. Daily: 14:00
January & February. Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: 14:00
Group (15 people or more). At any time. Must book in advance!
Tour (approx. 90 minutes) including 1 wine sample & a short explanation of the Main Square
Meeting point: Main Square, at the Town Hall; Ticket can be bought at the Information Office
Group (15 people or more): €9.50
Pupil (aged 6-19): €4.50
Child (U6) when accompanied by a parent: FREE