Zisterzienserabtei Stift Heiligenkreuz
Contact & Informations
2532 Heiligenkreuz im Wienerwald
+43 2258 87030
+43 2258 87031 14
SALVETE – WELCOME!
- Heiligenkreuz Abbey in the Vienna Woods is a “Place of Strength” (Pope Benedict XVI)
- Heiligenkreuz Abbey is the mystical heart of the Vienna Woods
- Heiligenkreuz Abbey is a harmony of nature and culture
- Heiligenkreuz Abbey is a unity of the Middle Ages and Baroque
- Heiligenkreuz Abbey is a symphony of history and spirituality
- Heiligenkreuz Abbey is a lively Cistercian abbey with 81 monks,a university of pontifical right, has two priories, 21 parishes, supervises the Priest Seminary Leopoldinum, supports a monastery foundation project in Sri Lanka and much more
- Heiligenkreuz Abbey was founded in 1133 by St. Leopold, on the advice of his son, Blessed Otto von Freising. Heiligenkreuz has continually existed since its foundation.
Patent portae – magis cor! Our doors are open – our hearts even more so!
The monks have become world-famous for their singing, their “chants”, and have released a number of CDs.
Take part in our choral prayer:
- 05.15 Vigils
- 06.00 Lauds (Morning Prayers)
- 12.00 Terz and Sext (Noon Prayers)
- 18.00 Vespers
- 19.45 Complete with Salve Regina
Monday – Saturday: 06:20 Holy Mass
Sundays & public holidays: 09:30 Solemn Latin Mass in Gregorian Chant
- Monastery Shop
- Monastery Inn (Klostergasthof)
- Wheelchair Accessible (but not for electric wheelchairs)
The guided tours mentioned here take place every day, also on every public holiday!
The indicated opening hours are valid for every day of the year.
There are only 2 exceptions:
– Good Friday: 07:30 – 15:00
– Christmas Eve (24 December): 07:30 – 15:00
- GENERAL TOURS
Monday – Saturday
10:00, 11:00, 14:00, 15:00 & 16:00
- Sundays & public holidays:
11:00; 14:00; 15:00 und 16:00
- OPENING TIMES FOR GROUPS WITH THEIR OWN GUIDES – Daily:
09:00 – 11:45 (end of Tour)
13:30 – 17:30 (end of Tour)
EUR 9,00 Adult
EUR 8,00 Senior
EUR 5,00 Student/Austrian National Service Personnel
EUR 5,00 Pupil
EUR 8,00 Group (20 people or more)
EUR 15,00 Family Ticket