MAMUZ Schloss Asparn/Zaya & Museum Mistelbach
“40,000 Years Man” is the credo of the original history museum MAMUZ, which is being repeatedly and extensively refurbished at its two locations. In MAMUZ Castle Asparn/Zaya, the entire wealth of prehistory and early history can be seen on the basis of original and historic residential and commercial buildings. The Museum Mistelbach presents the highlights of these eras in annually changing exhibitions.
- Two exhibition locations with one ticket!
- Interactive exhibition
- KONFLIKTEN AUF DER SPUR: In MAMUZ Castle Asparn/Zaya, the exhibition: “Conflicts on the Trail”, reveals the possibilities of historical archaeology to gain new insights into our past - from the Stone Age up to today. Exhibition runs from 24 March – 25 November 2018
- Spacious outdoor area in MAMUZ Castle Asparn/Zaya
- Research laboratory in MAMUZ Castle Asparn/Zaya
- Event highlights: 26 – 27 May: Celtic Festival/ 25 – 26 August: Huns Festival/ 13 October: Night of the Celtic Fire
- Family Guided Tours. Every Saturday, Sunday & public holiday: 13:00 & 15:00. Duration: 1 hour
- FASZINATION PYRAMIDEN: The exhibition “FASCINATION PYRAMIDS” in the MAMUZ Museum Mistelbach shows the degree of perfection to which the pyramids were built. Exhibition runs from 3 March – 25 November 2018
- Nights in the Museum: 21 September/ 19 October Light out! Flashlights on!
- Day of the Lower Austrian Provincial Archaeology in the MAMUZ Museum Mistelbach: On 9 June the archaeological research results from the last year will be presented.
- FASCINATION PYRAMIDS: On 12, 19 & 26 April, there will be a series of lectures about the pyramids in ancient Egypt.
- Accessible exhibition locations
- Bistro/ Café
- Children’s playground in MAMUZ Castle Asparn/Zaya
- Spacious outdoor area
- Museum Shop
- FREE parking
Group (15 people or more): € 11.00 (Admission & guided tour)
Adult: € 10.00
Discount: € 8.00
Child (aged 11 – 14) & Student (Class): € 3.00
Child (U10): FREE
NÖ Card: 1 FREE admission, except for events